Short Bio (簡介)
Chih-Chung Hsu received his B.S. degree in Information management from Ling-Tung University of Science and Technology, Taiwan, in 2004, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from National Yunlin University of Science and Technology and National Tsing-Hua University (NTHU), Taiwan, in 2007 and 2014, respectively. Dr. Hsu was a postdoctoral researcher with the Institute of Communications Engineering, NTHU, from 2014 to 2017. He is currently an Assistant Professor with the Institute of Data Science, National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), Taiwan. Before joining NCKU, He was an Assistant Professor with the Department of Management Information Systems, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology as an assistant professor since February 2018. His research interests mainly lie in computer vision and machine/deep learning with applications to image and video processing. Dr. Hsu is Senior Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) since Oct. 2020. He received the first-place award of ACM Multimedia Social Media Prediction Challenge in 2017 and 2019, and a top 10\% paper award from IEEE International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP) 2013. In 2019, Dr. Hsu received the best student paper award from IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP) in 2019. He also won the 3rd place award of Learning to Drive Challenge from IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV) and has been invited to give a talk in it. Dr. Hsu received the 3rd place award of Visual Inductive Priors for Data-Efficient Computer Vision Challenge from European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV).
- Co-Founder & CTO, SKOPY Inc. (NTHU Incubation Center). Oct. 2017-Feb. 2018.
- Co-Founder & Project Director, Eye-Digit. Inc., Feb. 2011 – Feb. 2013.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Management Information Systems, National Pingtung university of Science and Technology, Feb. 2018-Feb. 2021.
- Vice-Chairman, IEEE SPS Tainan Chapter, Feb. 2020 –Present.
- Committee of Career Development, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology (NPUST), August 2019—Present.
- Committee of Teacher Grievances, NPUST, August 2019—Present.
- Curriculum Committee in College of Management, NPUST, August 2018—Present.
- Committee of Distance Learning, NPUST, August 2018 – Present.
- NPUST AOL (Assurance of Learning) Vice Chairmain in AACSB Group, February 2018 – Present.